The Arc'teryx LEAF Alpha Gen 2 2017 is the best protective shell on the market. The Alpha provides comfort from storms, pouring rain, snow and wind. Made for everyday use in the most inclement conditions. Arc'teryx has revised the technology and features to include: technical construction, lighter weight (with less tape and stitching) this also, increases the breath-ability of the shell. They used the BD450 3Layer 40D Rip-stop Gore-TEX® Fabric to construct this shell. Gore-Tex L&F 3L 30D Plain weave Nylon on the hood to make it more compact. This fabric is the best on the market and will withstand oils from skin, guns and petroleum and is extremely abrasion resistant. The length will cover all mid-layers and the back hem will cover your lower back when bending down. The most durable waterproof Tactical shell on the market.
- Military fit allows for layering and plate carrier under jacket
-GORE-TEX BD450 3L 40D Nylon Ripstop is the highest end Gore-Tex fabric in use by Arc'teryx. It has exceptional abrasion resistance, reliable waterproofing, and incredibly breathablility.
-StowHood™ makes use of more compact GORE–TEX® L&F 3L 30d Nylon Plain Weave to fit neatly inside the collar and sit against the neck without bulk
-Embroidered logo on left sleeve
-Matte #5 WaterTight™ Vislon front zipper with back flap
- WaterTight™ pit zippers vent heat rapidly
-Two internal stretch pockets, two bicep pockets, two large volume chest pockets
- Articulation in the shoulders and elbows provides an unrestricted range of motion
- Internal, vertically routed hem drawcord minimizes interference
with duty belt
- 4x4 Velcro® sleeve patches for C/S and IFF identifier
- GORE–TEX® BD450 3L 40d Nylon Ripstop
- GORE–TEX® L&F 3L 30d Nylon Plain Weave (hood)